THINGS WE DON'T DO
- Expect you to show your own home: Why hire a Realtor if you end up doing most of the work yourself? We believe that it is normally better if Buyer and Seller do not meet, at least until after closing. Our experience has shown that sellers negotiating through a third party are able to command a higher selling price for their homes than sellers negotiating directly with the buyer.
- Charge up front fees: We get paid for results not for promises. We only get paid after you do.
- Earn commissions on the sale of other products and services: While some real estate companies may benefit from their client's purchase of mortgage services, insurance, title services and contractor referrals, we do not believe it is proper. If we recommend a product or service to you it is solely because we believe it is in your best interest, not ours.
- Tack on additional fees at closing: We do not charge a "doing business with you tax" often referred to by other firms as an administrative fee. All costs of doing business are factored into our commission rate. There is never an unpleasant surprise at closing.
- Mark up the commission you pay if another
agent sells your home: Some discount brokers have charged
their clients 2.8% for the commission
payout to another agent, if the house sells through the Multiple
Listing Service, and only pay the agent 2.4%. Don't be
afraid to ask your agent to see an agent detail sheet which shows the
commission offered through the MLS. We always payout 100% of what
we are told to by our clients.
- Use self-serving advertising at your expense: Our ads and flyers are designed to encourage potential buyers to look at your home. We put price and address in our advertising so that a buyer can drive by your home, look at it and use the link on the sign to grab a flyer if interested. Our flyers promote only your home, not our services. Our signs grab the attention of potential buyers touring your neighborhood. They are not billboards announcing the discount commission rate you are paying. Unlike other real estate ads that are designed as prospecting tools for the agent and company, our ads, flyers and signs are designed to sell homes.
- Buy listings: While some agents will inflate the value of your property just to get your signature on a contract, we always give you our truthful assessment, even if means losing your business. Ultimately, it is the buyers that set the price. An overpriced listing will not sell until the price is reduced to fair value. Overpricing wastes valuable time and image. Buyers start wondering what is wrong with a house that has been on the market too long.
- Have people unfamiliar with your home
answering calls: All calls go to your personal listing
agent. Buyers and other agents calling for information on your home
want to speak to a knowledgeable person that has the answers. Often,
they may not have the time to wait for a call back.
OFTEN WHAT YOU DON'T DO IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS WHAT YOU DO!
Offices in Omaha, NE U.S.A., Licensed
Iowa & Nebraska Realtors
The real estate
experts in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska & Council Bluffs, Iowa
Serving Bellevue, Bennington, Carter Lake, Council Bluffs, Elkhorn, Gretna, La Vista, Lincoln, Omaha, Papillion, Ralston and surrounding communities.